A blog of personal style, wonderful surprises, and chance encounters to encourage and inspire.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

365 Grateful

Lately, I've been feeling a little under the weather.  Truth be told, I just not really happy in life right now.  I'm just not in the place I thought I would be at this time in my life - not financially, not physically, not intellectually, not geographically, not career wise...well career is okay, but the rest could use some work.  I just imagined my life differently.  

Last weekend I was feeling particularly unsettled while I was catching up on email and reading my regular blogs. I subscribed to a photography blog to learn more about taking and publishing photos.  One of the topics on that particular day was a video introducing the 365 Grateful project.  In this video Toni Powell talks about this project that she embarked on several years ago.  She explains that she simply was not happy with life and she had to do something to jolt her out of the rut she had fallen into.  After wise council, she decided to start documenting one thing each day that she was thankful for, and being a photographer, she documented this through photography.  She kept documenting little moments every day for an entire year, and at the end, she realized how much she had and how her life, more specifically, her outlook on life had completely changed in the past year.  It's an amazingly inspiring story,and I highly recommend watching the video.  

I have decided to embark on this journey.  I am not a photographer by any means, but I can take a photo, and I can be grateful for something each day. So, for the next 52 weeks, I am going to challenge myself to find something to be grateful for each day.  I may miss some days, but I'm going to give it my best shot.  All I have is this one life, and I have to start living and enjoying it or I am going to miss my chance!

So without further adieu, here is week 1 in my own 365 Grateful project...

Week 1 of 52:


5.16.2011
I'm thankful for delicious homemade pizza - it was REALLY good.
P.S. Don't laugh, I know it's just pizza, but I spent all morning thinking about eating it and thoroughly enjoyed every bite

5.17.2011
I'm grateful for my neighbor who happily obliged  to eat my leftovers when I made enchiladas that were WAY  TOO HOT for my buds!

5.18.2011
I'm grateful for my husband who is satisfied with drive-thru baked potatoes when I don't feel like cooking.

5.19.2011
Oh, Samsung, you've been so good (most of the time), but it will  soon be time for your retirement.


5.20.2011
Kim, I know it was only two days, but I really could not have made it without you.  I am thankful you helped keep me  sane!

5.21.2011
I'm so thankful for my flowers this year.  Finally planted and beautiful!

5.22.2011
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream...need I say more?

So that's it for week 1, let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment