A blog of personal style, wonderful surprises, and chance encounters to encourage and inspire.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Maroon 5...and others!

I had an AWESOME! weekend at my very first concert!!  Yeah, I know it's lame that I am just now going to a concert for the first time, but I guess the opportunity just never presented itself.  Well, it definitely presented its VIP self this time.  Yeah, that's right...VIP, baby!  My sister had a very good friend who was unable to go, so I was the lucky one who got to fill the seat. 

V.V. Brown opened the show, and let me just tell you...she totally rocked it!  Have you heard her new song Shark in the Water?  A superb hit if I might add.  If you haven't downloaded this song,
I suggest you get on that...Pronto!

Next up, a little hangin' around and waiting...

Kris Allen was up next, and he stole the show...well, almost.  He was very good, and quite the performer.  One of my favorites was The Truth which is quite a good number for sitting around and drinking a glass (or a few) of your choice beverage.

And finally, Maroon 5!!  I don't even know what to say, except for they were just amazing!  They opened with Misery, and it was even more impressive live.  I don't think I will ever listen to that song the same way. 

My sister and I decided that the key to an excellent concert is knowing the songs, and I think we probably sang every syllable of every single songs.  There was even some unmentionable dancing by our fellow concert mates that kept us quite entertained distracted.  

We danced until our feet and legs were little aching with the pain of an superb party combined with less than superb shoes (in terms of comfort, not style) but it really was a blast.  We drove back to the city playing my sister's Maroon 5 mix and reliving every hilarious and amazing moment.

My sister and I had so much fun that we decided we would concert every year, and I'm pretty sure I'm already thinking about who were are going to see next.  If you have been to a concert lately (or ever if you are like me) I whole heartedly suggest making the move.  I am so thankful that G decided he couldn't make it, and that I was able to party with my sister Maroon 5 style!

No comments:

Post a Comment