A blog of personal style, wonderful surprises, and chance encounters to encourage and inspire.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Auction Finds

You may not know this, but along with my full-time job, I have several side jobs.  I always have; I think I will know I have really made it in life when I only have one job (or maybe I will just know I've gotten really tired).  Anyway, one of my jobs has always been working at estate auctions.  No, I'm not the auctioneer.  If you've never been to a live auction, I suggest going as they are quite exciting.  Most of the time the items for sale in these auctions really aren't my style.  I mean, workshop tools, guns, and knives don't really do it for me.  However, the last few I've worked have had quite the mother-load of unique items, so I thought I would share...

Auction Crowd
We'll start things off with a quick view of the crowd anxiously awaiting the of the goods.

Vintage Typewriter
I LOVED this typewriter.  I mean, someone please put this in their gorgeous office, STAT!!

Polka Dot Lamp
I thought this lamp would look so cute in a little girls room.

Vintage Luggage Set
This was the most stunning set of vintage luggage. They had the complete set for sale and it was in stellar condition!

Wooden File Cabinet
This vintage wooden filing cabinet would look wonderful in a slightly girly office or in a bedroom as a night stand.

Gas Pump
Look at this AWESOME gas pump!!  Um, yes, that is my shadow in the picture, and no charge for the view of the garbage.

Blue Convertible
I have no idea what kind of car this is, but can you imagine going to the beach in this thing?!

Antique Orange Car
Do you watch Parenthood? If not, I suggest you start watching it immediately (well, immediately after reading my blog).  It's going to make you want to plan a family dinner. Anyway, this car reminds me of Amber's car. It also reminds of an old fashion taxi.  So cute!

Antique Car
Another great vintage car.  Love.

Antique Truck
Cute little vintage truck.

Antique Pontiac
This was the one I fell IN LOVE with.  While I was taking these photos the man who had just purchased this beauty noticed my interest and offered to let me drive it.  Trust me, it was just as fun as it seems.

Vintage Car
Gorgeous steering wheel.  I kept telling the man he should just give me the car, but he didn't quite agree with my logic.

Tweed Door
The inside of the door was Tweed!  See that little switch to the right? Yeah, those are the power window switches.  I mean, what's a vintage car without power windows?

Pontiac Dash
GORG!! My husband told me they stopped making the dashes like that as they were metal and caused quite a safety hazard in car accidents.  I mean, I think I might where a helmet if I got to look at that dashboard everyday.

Vintage Juke Box
How fun would it be to have a vintage juke box in a cozy family room with a wet bar?

Vintage Leather Chair
Last but not least, I just had to bring this guy home.  I apologize that it's not the best photo, but it was really an incredible find.  That buttoned leather, the nail head detail, the wooden arms...And you are going to flip out when I tell you the price - $10!!  Yes, that's right, I took that handsome chair home for only ten bucks! I'm pretty sure it was one of those rare moments when all the stars a-line just right to bring you the best luck. And to think, I wanted to sleep in that day.

I hope you enjoyed that little showing of my last couple of weekends.  Next time you see an ad for an auction, stop by.  You might just find the deal of a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment