A blog of personal style, wonderful surprises, and chance encounters to encourage and inspire.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Truly Cigars

A few weeks ago the big boss came into our office and invited everyone to drinks and cigars on him.  My office mates and I, not wanting to miss a once in a lifetime opportunity, jumped at the chance to spend some of his money and get a free drink in the process.  So, we closed up shop and met at Truly Cigars to receive our afternoon libations.

It was my first visit to the cigar shop/man-cave lounge, and I was pleasantly surprised!  I was expecting the smell of stale ciggies and old tobacco, but instead walked into the most wonderful, manly fragrance of expensive cigars and leather furniture.

Truly Cigars 011

How lucky were we!  It was the perfect place to relax and unwind after a hectic week of event planning.  Truly Cigars had an amazing selection of delectable cigars.  The staff even kind enough to show a DVD detailing the processing and production of their cigars.

Truly Cigars 001

I've never really been a cigar smoker.  I tried it in college once, and it was just too much to deal with.  There was the cutting and puffing, and more cutting and relighting.  So, I really didn't plan on having a smoke.  Well, the boss and the staff convinced me and I tried a delicious Vanilla Cigar.

Truly Cigars 003

And while I don't think cigar smoking will become my hobby anytime soon, it was a much more pleasant experience than in my college days.  The taste was what got me, the warm taste of vanilla on your lips, it was like flavored chap-stick,but better! (Please try not to be awe-struck by my precise description of flavored cigars).

Truly Cigars 010


In the end, it really was the gin that won me over, but if you smoke pipe tobacco or cigars, I highly recommend Truly Cigars.  Their unique vibe and excellent staff are what keeps everyone in our office looking forward to our next Friday night outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment