A blog of personal style, wonderful surprises, and chance encounters to encourage and inspire.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Travel Essentials...

So, I just returned from an absolutely AMAZING! cruise to Mexico.  I had a blast with my girlfriends, cocktails, and just relaxing (pics to come, I promise!).  Since this is the time of year for travels galore, I thought I would make a list of my top 10 travel essentials.  I'm sure there are some who could narrow it down to just 3 essentials, but let's not get carried away...5 is good for me. So here we go...
5.  Everywhere I travel, whether to a friend's house or a long vacation, I always bring along a steamer.  I bought this particular model at Target a few years ago, and I have gotten my money's worth, and then some!  I love it because it is light, easy to deal with (you just plug it in and it goes!), and literally takes seconds to warm up.  It's so much better than a fussy old iron...I highly recommend it for any trip!
4.  Next is a Zune (or Ipod or whatever you use).  I cannot tell you how many hours I spent half asleep laying by the pool with my Zune on shuffle (somehow it always knows just what to play).  Unfortunately, I left my car adapter at home, so I was dearly missing it on the drive home (while everyone else was asleep!)
3.  Travel sized toiletries - I Just realized on this trip that I have been waisting so much space my whole life.  I decided to try buying travel size this go around, and you know what...I had more than enough for the entire trip, and so much extra space! Not to mention my back being saved from having to lug around 50lbs of shampoo and a 5 gallon drum of lotion. 
 
2.  Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer - I have been wearing this for years!  It is perfect for everyday, and even more perfect for travel because it has just a little summer color of lipstick/gloss, with the power of sunscreen.  It's packs as much SPF as your sunscreen, but can be part of your everyday makeup routine.  It is perfect for travel, and really for anytime.  

 1.  This is the major player of the day.  Vicks VapoRub.  I know you are probably thinking this little ointment can only be used to soothe your cough in the winter, but that is far from true.  This little stuff is like a magic potion that can heal almost anything.  One of my friends at work got me hooked on this stuff, and now I use it for everything!  It works perfect for a cut or scratch to speed up healing, I have used it on sunburns and it takes the sting out like magic, it works perfect to heal the occasional blemish, it can even help dispell a bruise or two.  I'm telling you this stuff is magic.  This little jar of goodness has been a faithful trooper through each trip during the past few years, and it has yet to disappoint. 

So, that's it...those are the top 5 things that I absolute will not travel without. And, come to think of it, I almost always have these things with me even when I'm in town.  Maybe I should just rename this list "My Everyday Essentials."  Anyway, these are my top 5 essentials wherever I am...hopefully it will help you narrow down you packing list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment