A blog of personal style, wonderful surprises, and chance encounters to encourage and inspire.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Yard Sale Confession...and some finds

So, I have a confession to make...um,...I didn't go yard selling on Saturday!  I know, I'm sorry, I was just tired, and well, I just didn't go.  Even after I made my list, my route, and everything, I just laid in the bed thinking I just needed a few more minutes, and well, you know what happened...I am quite disappointed though.  There were several that I was REALLY looking forward to going to!  At any rate, here we are on Monday evening, with no new yard sale treasures to proclaim.

So as not to disappoint to severely, I have included some pics of my most recent yard sale purchases, of which I am quite proud.  They were excellent finds!  Enjoy!

P.S. I got a new camera over the weekend, let me know what you think about the pictures.



It had not been a good yard sale day so far, and I was almost ready to give up, but I decided to go to one last sale, and I found this little treasure.  Originally, it housed a sewing machine in the "belly" of the table, but the machine has since been removed and now we are left with just the table.  I have always wanted one, and I was so happy to find it, and for only $20, it was definitely a steal!  We are using it in the kitchen at the moment, but eventually, I play to move it upstairs and use it as my desk.  Just a side note, the pineapple sitting on the left side has a tag, like a clothing tag.  Does anyone else think it is hilarious that a piece of fruit comes with a clothing tag?


The quality of this photo didn't turn out very well, but I still like it.  Also, those flowers came from the wedding of one of my good friends.  Congratulations Leslie and Jay!



 Isn't this the coolest radio you have ever seen?  I absolutely love it!  And, it was only $7!!  Are you kidding me?  When the lady told me the price, I almost fell right there in the driveway, but I mustered up the strength and shouted "I'll take it!"

I promise I'll be more diligent about actually getting of the bed to go to the sales next week, but maybe these little treasures peaked your interest enough for you to stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment