A blog of personal style, wonderful surprises, and chance encounters to encourage and inspire.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fort Lauderdale: Beachy Nights

We were so fortunate to have been able to make a super quick trip to Fort Lauderdale to visit my middle sister. We were there for only a couple of days, and lost a lot of sleep, but it was totally worth it.  And don't worry, we definitely made time for some excellent beach-side beverages...


So there I am, enjoying my absolutely delicious fruit filled concoction, and I notice something unusual swimming around the bottom of my glass.  After a quick careful observation, what do my eyes behold?

Yes, that's right it's a piece of paper.  I decided that if this paper was important enough to have made into my cocktail, maybe it had an important message, so I fished it out.  And what was written on this note?  It was my receipt!  HA!  I mean, talk about making sure the customer gets their receipt at the point of purchase!  While quite disgusting (and obviously they re-made the drink) I thought it was absolutely hilarious!  


Later that evening we took another stroll along the boardwalk and took in the ocean breeze, and completely our first amazing day in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.  

No comments:

Post a Comment