A blog of personal style, wonderful surprises, and chance encounters to encourage and inspire.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fort Lauderdale: Show Preview

One of the main reasons my family and I went to Fort Lauderdale was to visit my middle sister and watch the preview of her show.  My sister has danced all of her life, and has made her passion into her career.  She works for a cruise line performing in their various entertainment and variety shows.  Each contract begins with a rehearsal time period of several weeks, concluded by a final preview of the show before it is opened on the cruise ship.  We were able to visit her while they were doing their show previews and were able to catch a sneak peak of her current project.

My sister's incredibly talented cast before their performance.  This is the preview of their show done in their rehearsal studio in front of the office staff, fellow performers, and friends and family members (such as us!).

My sister Julie is the one in the middle...isn't she gorgeous! 

The performance had a western theme, so much of the show was done with the men wearing wranglers, and the entire cast wearing the incredibly fashionable cowboy hats.  While we were waiting back stage, my Dad decided to give the props a test run.  While I'm not sure it's the best look for him, it did make for a nice photo.

This is my family - (L to R) My Dad, My Mom, Julie (middle sister), Stephanie (youngest sister), me, my aunt.  This was the back stage area/lounge located in their rehearsal studio.  It was such a nice facility and we were so lucky to have been able to view this normally cast members only space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment